Friday, September 11, 2009

Is She Madd?

In my lastest book on Samantha Burton-half-vampire Queen and witch-and her friends, Sam is bringing home a Slayer, having decided that Slayers are her next Alliance to be had. I can't wait for her to bring Marla Jones (a Slayer) back to the palace to meet everyone...of course she'll have to hide her pregnancy from Damien since she has yet to tell him he's going to be a father, but I figure this little decision will be full to the brim of conflict! What have I got so far you ask? Well let me show you;

The young Slayer watched the vampire queen silently from her hiding spot, seeing only the fame this kill would bring her. So intent on her dream, she didn't notice the most powerful vampire alive disappear. When she did, she cursed and her eyes flew from one end of the park to the other in an attempt to re-locate her. Much like the vampire's belief that you were never to lose sight of a Slayer; Slayers wer taught to never lose sight of a vamire. Losing sight of such a dangerous creature was suicidal. They were very good at sneaking up from behind.
There was a long suffuring sigh from behind her. "Marla Jones, in the top five of your group of Slayers, and a brilliant college student, studying politics of all things," Sam announced, leaning against a tree behind her would-be killer and taking on her true appearance. "I'm not all that interested in politics myself, but it's interesting isn't it?"
Marla's eyes shot to her bag, calculating her chances. "So the queen deigns to visit again. To what do I owe the pleasure?"
As she was prone to do, Sam studied the girl, her piercing green eyes seeming to pierce the sould. She appeared unconcerned with the bag of weapons so close to Marla. "I'd like to show you something, but you don't trust me enough to let me."
"Damn straight," Marla agreed. "Why should I? You'd kill me first chance you got."
"No, I believe you've got it the other way around," Sam laughed softly. "Slayers have never seen our world, you can understand why of course. You seek to kill us all merely because we're different from you. History will show you that that prejudice is nothing new, nor is it right. I'd like to show you our world; help you understand. Will you come with me?"
Marla snorted, "So you can kill me without getting caught? Not a chance."
"So I can save you before you try to kill someone else. You may be safe from me, though you've tried to kill me, but I can promise you that your next target won't be so nice." Sam stood suddenly and watched Marla expectantly. "You have my word you won't be harmed, if that isn't enough then I suppose that's the end of it."

No comments:

Post a Comment